Well, after weeks of no activity and not any real thought to what I was going to do with this blog, I am writing. A year ago, we started building our house on the North 40.... i.e. the 40 acres on the northern edge of Millard Family Farms.
About a week ago, we moved in. The siding is still not on and the weather is still not cooperating. So, the Millard Homestead remains nakedly half-clothed. Her insides are coming along great, just little projects left now.
While I am at class, Brian is working on the glass tile backsplash in the kitchen. My sister Christine and two of her boys are in for the week for their springbreak. Although it is far "springier" in Savannah, Georgia than Northwest Missouri, the visit has been busy. She flew in Thursday night and by the crack of 9am on Friday we were on the road to Junction City, KS to house hunt. Saturday I drove back by myself and left Chris to continue looking at homes with her husband, John. John is a Warrant Officer in the U.S. Army. They will be transferring to Ft. Riley, which will be nice because they will be closer. Currently he is in class at Ft. Sill, OK.... he drove up to KS Friday night and met us at the hotel.
Yesterday was Easter and for the first time in eleven years, the Easter Bunny didn't hide any eggs for the kids to find when they got up. More on this another time. For lunch we had Low Country Boil. Note: next time the potatoes go in a separate pot. Otherwise, I totally enjoyed having our first of hopefully many family dinners in the new house. It was also especially nice because last year at Easter our families were apart and John was in Iraq for the second time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment